Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, I guess.

Once again I'm going on a whirlwind of vanity.  I hate my body and I hate hating my body.  I'm gonna take a stab at changing that. We all know how good I am at committing to that, but I've got to try, right? one of these times it might stick.

first of all, I'm experimenting with some natural skin and hair care to save money and see if it works. supposedly this stuff works better than the crap I buy, so we'll see.  I'm switching to the Oil Cleansing Method for my face, using a mixture of 1/3 extra virgin olive oil and 2/3 castor oil. I opted for a higher percentage of castor oil based on my oily zit prone skin. I may adjust this. I'm also going to be frequently doing honey masks. basically just smearing my face with honey and letting it sit.

for hair, I'm using a mixture of 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon baking soda instead of shampoo and a mix of 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar instead of conditioner.  we'll see how that goes.

I'm going to start trying the p90x video for abs that we have.  every day, for as long as I can, except for Fridays and Saturdays. too much going on those days. slim my fricking flubby waist.  I'm so sick of feeling fat.  I won't wear half of the clothes in my absurdly crowded closet because I feel like I look fat.  whether I do or not is beside the point.  I do know I have gained weight, I do know I'm on the upper edge about to fall off of healthy weight for my height.  AND I FEEL BAD.  If I do something about it I know I'll feel better.

I'm also thinking I'm going to add hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to my teeth brushing routine. why not?  let's cover all the bases.

I've started taking biotin every day as well, since that's supposed to help improve my skin hair and nails.  don't care about the nails so much, but whatever.

Incidentally, this isn't a vanity thing, but it is something I'm starting that will help me feel better about myself.  I found a good checklist of house cleaning chores broken up by day to help maintain a clean house which I am now trying to follow.  Everyone knows a clean house feels better, and I won't feel so lazy and useless if I can keep things clean.  I hate when the house is messy, because I only work part time and that's early in the morning.  I spend the rest of the day lying around and feeling sorry for myself, being really bored.  It's really pathetic.  There is no reason for the house to get so messy.  I've only got one kid, two when Eloise is over, there's no reason to be so helpless.  plus maintaining is easy.  Yesterday it took a while, like several hours, to get the cleaning done since the house was messy, today it took like a half hour. it was nice. if I keep it up it'll be like that every day.

PLENTY OF TIME TO WORK OUT. LAZY ASS.

so let's see if I can stop being so useless.\


***EDIT*** I bailed on the baking soda thing.  my brother in law the physics pain in the ass made some snarky comment about how that would only increase the alkalinity of my hair and destroy it.  I did a bit more research and I think I agree.  dammit, I hate when he's right.  I'll never tell him though. still doing the vinegar, but maybe once a week at most.

No comments:

Post a Comment